Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Or transfer to United MileagePlus®, Southwest, British Airways, Marriott, and more.
Reward nights start at 10,000 points. Free anniversary night (no points needed) good at any IHG hotel (Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, more).
Or, consider other cards for 50,000 or more miles or points that transfer into United miles with additional flexibility for your everyday spending.
Good for $800 in American airfare with no award seat restrictions + Admirals Club access
And you’re not limited to just those airlines. For example, once you transfer your points to United miles you can redeem for flights flown by its partners including Air Canada, Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, Avianca, TACA, Thai, Singapore, ANA, Asiana, and more. When you transfer to British Airways points you have access to American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, LAN, Japan Airlines, and more.
Once you transfer to another airline program, the price you pay in points is set by the airline program, not Chase. So for example if you are thinking about transferring to United MileagePlus, use United.com to check prices in miles and get a sense of what your points will get you before making a transfer.
You might also want to check out our guide to some of the best uses of your Ultimate Rewards points for flights.
Here’s how the transfer works…
1. Have an account set up in the partner you want to transfer into. It’s free if you don’t already have one. But if you do have one with points, make sure you find the account number for that one so you’re adding to your existing points. The account can be in your name or your spouse’s name.
2. Log into your account at www.UltimateRewards.com. It’s the same user name and password you use to manage your credit card bill with Chase.
3. Choose ‘Transfer Points to Travel Partners’
4. Select the partner you want to transfer your points into
5. If you already have an account with an airline, enter your existing information so you can add to points you already have. If you don’t yet, set up a new one and enter the information here.
6. Enter the number of points you want to transfer
That’s it, your points will show up in your mileage account shortly, generally it’s an instant transfer.
A few things to keep in mind…
Leave a comment below -- we'll reply shortly -- no need to use your real name. Or, use the email form at the top of the page for private advice.
"These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered."