Our favorite feature of the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is the ability to transfer points 1:1, most of the time instantly, into several lucrative airline and hotel point programs. They include
And you’re not limited to just those airlines. For example, once you transfer your points to United miles you can redeem on flights flown by its partners including Air Canada, Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, Avianca, Taca, Thai, Singapore, ANA, Asiana, and more. When you transfer to British Airways points you have access to American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, LAN, Japan Airlines, and more.
Here’s how the transfer works…
1. Have an account set up in the partner you want to transfer into. It’s free if you don’t already have one. But if you do have one with points, make sure you find the account number for that one so you’re adding to your existing points. The account can be a family member or friend’s too if you want to add to theirs.
2. Log into your account at www.UltimateRewards.com. It’s the same login you use to manage your credit card bill with Chase.
3. Choose ‘Transfer Points to Travel Partners’
4. Select the partner to which you want to transfer points
5. Enter the amount you want to transfer and the account to which you wish to transfer .
That’s it, your points will show up in your mileage account shortly, generally it’s an instant transfer.
A few things to keep in mind…
Follow @MileCards on Twitter for the latest updates and new offers
Leave a comment below -- we'll reply shortly -- no need to use your real name. Or, use the email form at the top of the page for private advice.