Or, consider other cards for 50,000 more miles or points that transfer into United miles with additional flexibility for your everyday spending.
$1,000 toward travel or transfer to United, Southwest, and more.
Marriott Rewards® Premier Credit Card - $85 annual fee.
Our favorite feature of the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is the ability to transfer points 1:1, most of the time instantly, into several lucrative airline and hotel point programs. They include:
And you’re not limited to just those airlines. For example, once you transfer your points to United miles you can redeem for flights flown by its partners including Air Canada, Lufthansa, Swiss, Austrian, Avianca, TACA, Thai, Singapore, ANA, Asiana, and more. When you transfer to British Airways points you have access to American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, LAN, Japan Airlines, and more.
Once you transfer to another airline program, the price you pay in points is set by the airline program, not Chase. So for example if you are thinking about transferring to United MileagePlus, use United.com to check prices in miles and get a sense of what your points will get you before making a transfer.
You might also want to check out our big guide to using Chase Ultimate Rewards points that explains all your options.
Here’s how the transfer works…
1. Have an account set up in the partner you want to transfer into. It’s free if you don’t already have one. But if you do have one with points, make sure you find the account number for that one so you’re adding to your existing points. The account can be in your name or your spouse’s name.
2. Log into your account at www.UltimateRewards.com. It’s the same user name and password you use to manage your credit card bill with Chase.
3. Choose ‘Transfer Points to Travel Partners’
4. Select the partner you want to transfer your points into
5. If you already have an account with an airline, enter your existing information so you can add to points you already have. If you don’t yet, set up a new one and enter the information here.
6. Enter the number of points you want to transfer
That’s it, your points will show up in your mileage account shortly, generally it’s an instant transfer.
A few things to keep in mind…
No, you can’t transfer Chase points to American, Delta, or Alaska miles. But there are transfer partners that give you access to American, Delta, and Alaska flights. American award flights are bookable via British Airways Avios, while Delta award flights are bookable via Korean Skypass and Virgin Atlantic Flying Club.
For Alaska Airlines flights you can transfer to British Airways Avios and book awards.
Alternatively, you can buy American, Delta, or Alaska flights with your points via the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel website.
If you want a credit card that transfers points to Delta miles, consider cards that earn Amex Membership Rewards points, and if you want one that transfers to American and Alaska miles, consider the Starwood Preferred Guest credit card.
Follow @MileCards on Twitter for the latest updates and new offers
Foreign Transaction Fee Waived
Points Can Transfer to Airline Miles ?
Leave a comment below -- we'll reply shortly -- no need to use your real name. Or, use the email form at the top of the page for private advice.
"These responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered."